The original CFHIMA chapter was started in 1960, where they held monthly meetings and the first meeting was held in Waterman, Eustis. The original members were Carolyn Mosgrip, Josie Hall, Hidegard Mayer, & Jeanne Tucker. Shortly thereafter they were joined by Hazel Arnow and Jeanne Jackson. Carolyn and Hildegard were the only credentialed members at the time.
The Association continued to grow to include Sunland, Leesburg, Sanford, Daytona, Titusville, and Melbourne. The East Coast members later formed their own group. The State Association did not have regional representation at that time. Jeanne Tucker remembers her first State Meeting which was in Clearwater in 1957 with only 21 people in attendance.
Get in touch today to get involved with our cause.